Wednesday, January 28, 2015

New Baby Wreath

Oh baby!  It is baby season over here.  No, no, no I am not pregnant; but I feel like a ton of women are.  Part of me is jealous of the excitement - can I just name babies as a career? and a larger part of me is thankful that I sleep all night and have already been blessed with two happy, healthy children of my own.  I had the honor and challenge of buying a gift for my friend's baby shower - check out her blog here!  Her and her husband have decided to not find out the sex of their baby, which is completely awesome for them and totally (and selfishly) not awesome for me because I want to know now.  I'm looking forward to meeting their new bundle of preciousness in the next few weeks.

I was very excited to give her some unique gifts that would also work for either gender and didn't include yellow ducks because well...I just can't.  The first gift I'm sharing here today.  I knew they decorated the nursery grey and white because she has fabulous taste and are planing on adding an accent color (aqua or coral) once the baby arrives.  I decided to make a wreath to complement the room, or use on the bedroom door, or even decorate front door to announce Baby P's arrival.  I went with grey and white burlap and then tied on aqua and coral ribbon to accent it.  There isn't much accent on it yet in order to allow her to either add additional aqua or coral once the baby arrives.  I was sure to give her the extra ribbon.

The last special touch I added was the mini chalkboard.  I LOVE chalkboard everything: walls, signs, accents, etc.  I can't wait for Baby P to arrive, and I'll also be sharing another unique gift tomorrow!

For a detailed description on how to make the mesh/burlap wreath, check out my Christmas wreath blog here!

Finished product:
Stay tuned for more unique baby shower gifts!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)