Saturday, March 7, 2015

5 Tips for Cleaning Out Your Closet


I think we have officially survived winter here in Northern Indiana!  With all of my excitement, I've decided to clean out everyone's closets and drawers today.  I always pack away off season clothes because they seem so new and fresh to unpack when the season rolls back around.  Today, I'm mainly focusing on packing away the big sweaters, snow pants, boots. etc.  Here are some tips for cleaning out closets:

1. If you didn't wear it this year - you aren't going to wear it next year.  If you were able to go the entire winter without wearing that particular shirt; it's unlikely you'll wear it next winter.  Get rid of it!

2. Make a pile for donations, and a pile of what needs to be packed.  *If you have an annual garage sale; make a separate pile for this as well.

3.  Get kids to help!  They love showing you all of the clothes that don't fit anymore because they've gotten so big.  Have them start their own closets/dressers themselves.

4. Don't second guess yourself.  If you're questioning it, get rid of it.

5. Use this as an opportunity to reorganize how things are arranged in your closet and dresser.  It makes everything seem new and special.  I alternate organizing my tops by sleeve length and by color.  Whenever I arrange it differently, everything seems new and different.  Sometimes I'll notice tops I hadn't noticed in awhile just because they're in a new spot.

Happy organizing!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)