Sunday, March 1, 2015

Jack's Trash Bash



It's already been three years since our strong little boy arrived into this world.  We have had such a busy month that we decided to keep things small this year.  We had immediate family and a few close friends over to celebrate his birthday, and we were really happy with how everything turned out.

We decided on the trash bash theme.  Jack loves any kind of trucks, so we thought this would be a fun theme to get creative with.  The picture at the top is my "trash" garland.  I just strung up some trash.  Here are some more details from the party.


I wish I could have gotten a better picture of the table, but the way the light was shining though the door made it impossible.  


We also put gummy worms at the bottom of the "waste water" and the kids thought this was hilarious!


My mother-in-law found these cute trash cans and they ended up working great for snacks at the party.


I wish I could take credit for these cookies because they were amazing!  I ordered them from Della Nonna - follow me on Facebook to find her page :)


Here's the cake I made!  I really enjoy making the kids' birthday cakes.  I know a professional cake would always look better, but I think it's more personal if I take the time to make it.  I ended up using the giant cupcake pan for this cake.  I used an edible silver spray for the bottom of the trashcan and then used a lid for the top.  Crumbled oreos and gummy worms helped to give it the "trash" effect.

Present time!  It was so fun to watch Jack open his presents because this is the first year he seemed to really understand it all.  He loved all of his gifts, although he did rush through looking at the clothes.  He may not have been a fan of those, but I always appreciate them :)






Our last part of the party was a surprise visit from Victor the Viking.  Victor is the mascot at the high school my husband teaches at.  Jack sees him at all of the basketball games and just LOVES him.



He was really excited to show Victor around.


...and show him his new slide


The party went great, but the most important thing is that Jack had a great time!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)