Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Chambray Shirt - 6 Ways to Wear it


The chambray shirt.  This is a wardrobe staple, and I've struggled to find the perfect one - until now.  The best part is that it's at Target!  You can purchase it here.  It is the perfect shade - not too light and not too dark; plus it's so soft that it feels like I've had it for years.  Now that you know how to buy it - here's how to wear it.  I feel like you could come up with 100 ways to wear it.  It's so versatile: it transcends seasons and almost works like a white shirt, but with an added sense of sophistication.  I can not express my love enough.  Here's how I styled it:


For my 1st look, I paired the shirt with colored denim and a pop-of-color scarf.  Any color of pants will work - including dress pants; just tuck in the shirt for a more put together look.


I used a romper for this look, but any color of shorts would work.  You could layer a patterned or white shirt underneath the chambray shirt to complete the look.  I just tied the bottom of the shirt in this picture.  This would be a great look for a chilly night in the summer.


The maxi skirt look.  I tied the bottom of my chambray shirt again here, but you could also tuck it in and add a belt for a dressier look.  Seriously - how versatile is this shirt?!



This is my edgy look.  I paired the chambray shirt with a leather skirt and booties.  Certainly not an everyday look, but a great look for a night out.

My next look was a little experimentation.  I wanted to try denim on denim.  Here's what I originally thought I'd look like:


However, the end result was something I loved!  This is probably going to be my favorite go-to for the weekend.  I styled it a few different ways - playing with shoes and accessories.  The outfit can go from sexy date night to casual ball game with just a few adjustments.

 

On the left, I'm wearing booties, the middle just flip flops, and on the right I added some hot pink pumps and a pink statement necklace.

This last outfit comes with a bonus Target find:



AHHH!  My two favorite items at Target right now.  Buy the skirt here.  I added a big statement necklace, black tights, and black mary jane shoes.  Obsessed.  The skirt is almost as versatile as the shirt.  Here are some different looks I tried with it:


The skirt is great quality.  If I didn't know better, I would have thought I purchased it from a boutique.  Here's what I mean:

Yes, the skirt stands on it's own.  I haven't washed it yet, but I'm hoping the shape lasts.  Hope you love these Target finds as much as I do!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)