Monday, March 9, 2015

Wake Up Tips


Hello there Daylight Savings Time!  I think by naming it DST, they were referring to the daylight being saved until hours after you're supposed to be awake.  I swear, I dropped my daughter off at Kidstop childcare in the middle of the night.  Okay, maybe not, but it certainly looked that way!  My toddler continued to remind me in his sweet, confused voice that it was still dark outside, and he seemed to be wondering why his crazy mother was waking everyone up way before the sun had risen.  I was wondering the same thing.  However, we had to be up and will need to be up again tomorrow morning too; so I'm looking to make the best of it.

I've been on a mission to make our mornings less chaotic and rushed; possibly pleasant?  Pleasant might be going too far since I am the complete opposite of a morning person, but tolerable would be nice.  Here's my list so far:

1.  Make your makeup work for you.  My makeup guru on YouTube had just the video for this occasion:  How to look awake when you're tired!  She has amazing makeup tips, and just watching her will inspire you to add a little pep to your world :)

I'm very interested in trying out the Rhotos Eye Drops.  She gives a detailed list of all the items she uses underneath her videos, which is incredibly helpful.

2. Shower the night before, so that you can save some blow dry time.  I will go to bed with my hair slightly damp, and just have to touch up my waves with a straightening iron in the morning.  This gets me an extra 1/2 hour of sleep.

3. Find a wake up drink.  I don't drink coffee.  I can't.  The taste. Eww.  However, I do need to find something more filling and energizing than my go-to Cocoa Puffs cereal.  I'm thinking about trying a protein smoothie, but not sure where to start.  Comment or email with any ideas :)




4. Prepare everything the night before.  Every Sunday, I pick out a week of outfits for not only myself, but the kids too.  It helps with morning battles, and I'm not searching through drawers for matching socks, etc.  We also pack our lunches the night before as well.  One less thing to do in the morning always helps.

Our morning routine is an ongoing challenge, so any ideas you might have would be greatly appreciated!  How do you get everyone out the door in time?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)