Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Mind of a Mom at Target


I've recently moved to a new city, and thank the good Lord it has a Target.  I am enjoying having a short 5 minutes drive to this lovely red sanctuary.  My husband of course does not understand the awesomeness of it all, nor does he appreciate how long it takes me to grab just 'a couple things.'  He will say things like "You spent $50?!  I thought you just went for cereal?!"  Silly man, he has no idea what the whole experience is like.  My fellow moms, join me as I go through the mind of a mom at Target:

~ Ahhhhhhh!
~ Gosh their carts are so nice - seriously, who else has carts this nice?!
~ Dollar section! Holla!!
~ I wonder what I could use this for?  It's only $1, I'll figure something out.
~ That's cute, oh that's cute too!
~ Okay, I probably need to move on.
~ Wait, I've only spent $7 though!  I'll get 3 more things to make it an even $10.
~ Okay seriously, move on Ashley.
~ They already have swimsuits out?!  It's only March!
~ They are cute though....and only $14.99.  I'll try one one - they get picked over so fast.
~ What am I here for again?
~ Oh cute shirt!
~ Yes, I found my list.  I'll get these items first, then walk around.
~ I should probably look at the shoes while I'm over here though.
~ Sandals!  I can't wait to wear sandals again - I should probably look at nail polish while I'm here.
~ Their kid shoes are so cute and well priced.
~Yep, they will need these shoes for sure.
~ Back to the list.
~ Glad that's out of the way - time to look at clothes for the kids.
~ I can't believe they've grown out of everything.
~ This is so adorable - she will love this.  Okay, why do I even shop anywhere else for her clothes?
~ Damn Justice, I could have just taken her here.
~ Probably need to get something for Jack now.
~ Boys clothes are seriously understocked - aww baby girl clothes.  I need to know somebody with a baby girl.
~ These are only $7 a piece.  I'll get him a few items to start out the season.
~ I should probably get something for my husband too; he said he needed socks.
~ He won't want me to spend anymore money though, I should probably just head home.
~ Home.  I wonder how he's doing with the kids?  I'll text him.
~ Everything is great - I'll check out the house stuff.  Hopefully they have something on sale.
~ Why are their pillows so expensive?  At least I found this great new table runner!
~ Easter stuff!  Gosh, that's coming up.  I better start on their baskets.
~ Do we still have our baskets from the move?  I'll at least get the candy.
~ uh-oh husband is texting - probably need to speed things up.
~ Need to go now.
~ OH, I forgot to look at nail polish - it's on the way out.
~ Cute colors.  I'll just get 2 today though.
~ Wow, my whole life could be at Target.  I could never leave.
~ Check out lanes!
~ Okay the double lanes are a good idea in theory, but then you have people like this.
~ "Excuse me," yeah, you with the cart at a diagonal, blocking access to the next lane.
~ Awesome, let's do this.
~ Wow, I got more than I thought.  I should put this back.
~ Yikes.....$$$$
~ I shouldn't have put that back.
~ Dang it - I forgot the item on my list!
~ Oh well, I can come back tomorrow :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)