Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Show and Tell Tuesday - Favorite Room Edition


Hi everyone!  I’m linking up with Andrea today to share my favorite room!  I’m mostly looking forward to looking at everyone else’s rooms because mine are barely decorated since we’ve only been in our house 4 months.  I’m ready for some inspiration ladies J

I would have to say that my favorite room in our home so far is the living room (or family room – naming our rooms is another thing we need to do).  The couches we purchased through Lay Z Boy are my absolute favorite.  I felt like previously we purchased a lot of brown, but I still wanted a neutral color.  I decided on grey and I couldn’t be happier with the choice.  It’s neutral, but still modern.  The best part of the couch is the material: velvety corduroy!  That’s right ladies – these babies are heaven.  They are so soft, cozy, and easy to clean.  I’m not sure I’ll ever want a different fabric.





This entertainment center is from Ikea.  I love how simple it is.  It leaves room to decorate, which I still need to add some decoration to it.  Again, ideas are welcome :)  It also has space to tuck away extra movies, controllers, etc. 



The ladder in the corner helped the room to feel cozy.  It’s covered in warm, soft blankets.  We simply painted an old ladder white and leaned it up against the wall.



This wall display (can you tell I shop at Hobby Lobby) really helped bring my accent color, turquoise, to life.  I plan on adding more to it as we get more pictures.




The drapes were a glorious TJ Maxx find.  At only $20 for a PAIR, they were a bargain.  I bought them extra-long in order to help make the room look larger by hanging the drapes higher on the wall.  I can’t wait to look outside these windows this spring and watch the kids play.



I’d love some ideas on how I can add more detail to this room.  Feel free to comment with suggestions, or link up some of your ideas J




2 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love the blue and gray color scheme (or is it gold and white? only kidding). What a fabulous room!
    - Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha love it! Thank you, I'm looking forward to adding more decor soon:)

      Delete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)