Thursday, February 19, 2015

Chalkboard Wall


House projects!  That's been my new focus during this cold, snowy winter.  We recently moved into our new home in October, so my initial focus was unpacking.  Once the boxes were unpacked, Christmas season began and I was busy wrapping, baking, and shopping like everyone else.  House decor took a back seat for sure!  Now that the holidays have passed, I've enjoyed making our house into a home.  It's the details and the personality that you put into your house that make it your own and make it special.  I've been lucky to be starting with neutral colors and essentially a blank slate.  It's been fun adding personal touches!  I'm hoping that soon everyone will begin feeling like this is home.

The first big project we completed was our chalkboard wall.  I bought a small container of black chalkboard paint from Menards, however you can have chalkboard tinted in many colors!  I liked the traditional black look.  When we first started painting, it looks SO dark.  I was nervous.  Once it dried to its matte finish though, it didn't look so ominous.

The next step was to personalize it.  I chose to purchase chalk board markers at Hobby Lobby to complete the writing.  The reason I chose these was because they couldn't be so easily smudged.  They are a little more expensive, but just make sure you use the 40% coupon!  I made sure I left a small area down low for the kids to draw and color.  I also found some stencils at Hobby Lobby to add artistic elements.









This idea for the coffee center, I found on Pinterest of course.  Who doesn't love a little old school humor?  



My favorite part about this wall is that it's not permanent.  I can change the drawings, quotes, etc.  I'm excited to enjoy this new feature to our home.  What personal touches have you added to your house to make it a home?




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing about Chalk Board wall. Kassa Chalk Board Markers is the best for wall design and writing. Everyone can use it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)