Sunday, February 8, 2015

New Valentine's Day Tradition

February is a busy month for us.  Our kids' birthdays are at the beginning and the end of the month, so Valentine's Day normally gets pushed to the side and pretty much forgotten.  Not to say that my husband and I don't plan a romantic evening one night near February 14th, but I don't make this holiday nearly the event that other holidays are for our family as a whole.

 This year I wanted to change that.  In addition to a romantic dinner with my husband, I wanted to remind our kids that Valentine's Day is about taking a little extra time to remind everyone how much you love them.

Knowing that we were already going to be spending money on their birthday presents and parties, I decided to head to the fabulous Target $1 section.  I hit the jackpot for sure!  I found these adorable felt envelopes for only $1 each of course.  I punched holes in the top corners, and used some string to attach them to our dining room chairs.  I'm planning on writing cute notes, leaving pieces of candy, etc. for them throughout the week.  This is definitely going to be a yearly tradition.




I also added a simple centerpiece.  I love this mini chalkboard and the fact that it only cost $3 was even better. 


 With the light coming through the sliding glass door, I wasn't able to get a good, clear picture.  However, in person the banner looks super cute.  I got the whole kit at Target as well.




Happy Valentine's Day!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)