Sunday, February 15, 2015

No Sew Kitchen Curtains


This lady can't even sew on a button, so when I needed curtains for my kitchen window I knew I needed a no sew option.  I didn't want anything fancy, but I also didn't want 80's lace curtains, which was all I could find at the stores.  I set out to Hobby Lobby and found this beautiful grey fabric that I knew would complement the living room drapes perfectly.  Here's my helper with the fabric I picked out.




 Next, measure how big you need both pieces.  I chose to make cafe curtains, so I needed two pieces the same size.

Now it's time to get the hems ready.  Iron the edges at the length and width you need for your window.  Having a crisp hem will help when adding the adhesive tape later.


Now to solve that whole I don't sew thing.  I went to the sewing section and found some iron-on hem tape - jackpot! 



Once all of your hems are made, it's time to hang your curtains!  I got my tension rod and hooks at Target for about $10 for all of it.


Here is my final project!  The little touch has helped make our new house feel more like home.  It's amazing what a little window treatment can do!  



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)