Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Spring It On!


Living in northern Indiana, there is nothing more appealing than the impending arrival of spring.  We are getting so close!  Between, -30 windchill temperatures and feet of snow, I am more than ready. I have remained focused on the fact that we leave for Florida in less than 4 weeks, and that has not only helped me survive these last weeks, but also has made spring shopping quite enjoyable. In my excitement, I've decided to share some of my favorite spring items to enjoy the new season with.

First up - a new purse!  I'm a purse girl for sure.  I strayed away from my usual tote purse and went for a small crossbody.  It's compact and it has a built in wallet.  I think this is going to be more practical for active days at the park, zoo, ballpark, etc.  Plus I no longer have a baby (insert sad face) which means I don't need to carry diapers, pacifiers, puffs containers, etc.  Here's the purse I ended up going with:


Next, a spring jacket is a necessity.  The mornings and evenings are still chilly, but the last thing you'll want to do it put on some black jacket you've worn most of the fall and winter.  Bring in the spring colored fleece!  


Another spring must have is going to be wedges for me.  I'm only 5' tall, so extra height is always needed.  I wear heels and boots with heels all winter, but wedges are so much more comfortable and I love how they are available in so many different styles and patterns.  Here's a favorite I found on Pinterest.


On my must buy list right now are white jeans and a yellow skirt.  These are two pieces that can add so many options within the wardrobe you already have!  Here are some ways I plan on styling mine:






The last thing on my spring shopping list is a pair of Converse shoes.  I've heard they are incredibly comfortable and I think they'll be great on the occasions that heels and wedges are practical.  I'm still debating between mint and grey - what do you think?



I hope this post brought a little spring into your life today!  It always helps me to look ahead when the winter months seem to be dragging on.  Can you think of anything else I should add to my spring shopping list?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)