Saturday, February 21, 2015

Faux Metal Letters How To


Have you seen those amazing metal letters at Hobby Lobby?  Even with the 50% off they tend to run close to $20 A LETTER!  I don't know about you, but that's way over my budget.  I knew that was the look I wanted, so I started looking for alternatives.

I found these cardboard letters for 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby (big surprise huh?).  They were only $5 a letter.




Next, I purchased some spray paint.  I found a silver kind that has a rough finish that I think helps the cardboard to look like metal.  It was $9 originally, but I used my 40% coupon (always available on their website) and I was satisfied with that price.

The great thing about these letters is they look heavy duty, but they are actually super light.  I was able to hang them with a Command Strip.  I ended up using them next to the bookshelves in the playroom.



I plan on purchasing more to use around the house.  Happy decorating!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)